Triton College logo
Home | MyTriton Portal | Apply Now

Our Best Answer - Will I get a refund if I drop or withdraw from a class?

A student who officially withdraws from any class may be refunded a percentage of the course tuition, depending on when withdrawal is made. The registration, late registration, proficiency test and special examination fees are not refundable. The auxiliary and student service fees are refundable only when official withdrawal occurs before the start of the semester. A student is entitled to a 100 percent refund when official withdrawal is made no later than the first 5.5 percent of the class calendar days. A 50 percent refund will be granted within the first 5.6-8 percent of the class calendar days. Withdrawals after the 100 percent refund period will result in a grade of “W”. Students should refer to their current class schedules in the MyTriton portal for specific withdrawal dates for each term.  All requests for exceptions to this policy must be made in writing on a General Petition form and submitted to the Welcome Center in the Student Center within one calendar year of the semester in dispute.

Veteran Students: Any active student who is required to withdraw from classes during his/her regular semester or summer term due to active military obligations will be entitled to a full refund of tuition or credit voucher (unless paid by a state/federal agency) upon evidence and notification to the college within the semester or term of withdrawal.

Top 10 Questions

  1. How do I get a copy of my transcript?
  2. How do I get a course catalog?
  3. How do I drop or withdraw from a class?
  4. Will I get a refund if I drop or withdraw from a class?
  5. How do I declare or change my major or minor?
  6. How will financial aid be affected if I withdraw?
  7. How do I access the student portal?
  8. How do I withdraw from the school?
  9. How many students are enrolled?
  10. What is my student ID number?

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Pretty bad

You May Be Interested In:

I would like more information about the situation at hand.

Click here to send us a detailed question.