Triton College logo
Home | MyTriton Portal | Apply Now

Our Best Answer - Do I need to take placement tests?

Placement Tests

To demonstrate basic skills necessary for success in college coursework, all new students at Triton College enrolling in credit-bearing classes must take placement tests in English, Reading, and Math or provide alternate evidence of skills. You may be exempted from specific placement tests if you have:

  • ACT-English and Reading scores of 20 or higher within the last two years
  • ACT-Math score of 23 or higher within the last two years
  • Documentation of a grade of “C” or higher in college level English and/or Mathematics courses from a regionally accredited institution
  • Approval of the Dean or designee

A placement test waiver form must be submitted. Students enrolling in non-credit and certain credit courses may not be required to take placement tests. For more information, call (708)456-0300, ext. 3130 or speak with a counselor. 

Top 10 Questions

  1. How do I get a copy of my transcript?
  2. How do I get a course catalog?
  3. How do I register for classes?
  4. How can I get a copy of my timetable?
  5. What majors or academic programs do you offer?
  6. How do I contact the Admissions Office?
  7. How do I drop or withdraw from a class?
  8. Will I get a refund if I drop or withdraw from a class?
  9. How do I get a replacement degree / diploma?
  10. How do I declare or change my major or minor?

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Pretty bad

You May Be Interested In:

I would like more information about the situation at hand.

Click here to send us a detailed question.